Call for Artists
Fall 2023 – Exhibition of Fine Art and Photography
Nov 4 to Dec 2, 2023
Dublin Recreation Center, 5600 Post Rd, Dublin, OH 43017
Show Chairs: Mary Avalos Miller and Donna Gleditsch
Entry Deadline Wednesday, Nov 1, 2023
Art Drop Off Saturday, Nov 4, 9 – 10:30 am
Bring your own labels. Click here for template.
Fall Show Reception & Award Ceremony
on Sunday, November 19th, 2 – 4 PM
in the Talla Room 3
Art Pick up Saturday, Dec 2, 9-10:30 am
Eligibility: All current members of Dublin Area Art League may enter up to two pieces. Membership for the year must be paid in advance.
Two Categories: Fine Art and Photography/Digital Art. Each artist can enter two works total, in the same category or one piece in each category. Photography and Digital entries will be hung in a grouping on the wall across from the Abbey Theater.
Fine Art: original work of art in a two-dimensional or three-dimensional format created in any art medium type (pencil, ink, acrylic, oil, glass, charcoal, pastel, watercolor, encaustics, clay, paper, wood, etc.).
Photography: Images captured by either an analog or digital camera, photograms, or other experimental photography. The photograph should be the dominant feature of the artwork.
Digital Art: Artwork created digitally including images that are heavily collaged or manipulated to produce a new image using digital tools. This includes illustrations created digitally. AI created images are not accepted.
Entry fee: $15.00 for one, $20.00 for two pieces
Best of Show $150 includes both categories combined.
- Fine Art 1st $100
- Fine Art 2nd $75
- Fine Art 3rd $50
- Fine Art Honorable Mention $25
- Fine Art Honorable Mention $25
- Photography/Digital Art 1st $100
- Photography/Digital Art 2nd $75
- Photography/Digital Art 3rd $50
- no Honorable Mention for Photography/Digital Art
- Two Entries total allowed per member. Both pieces can be in the same category or one piece in each category.
- All artwork must be original work of the member and not previously exhibited in a DAAL Show. Work must have been completed within the last 5 years. Not For Sale works are acceptable.
- Size limitation: work shall measure no longer than 24 inches (including the frame) on the longest side.
- Artworks must be wired for hanging. “Sawtooth” hangers are not accepted. If art is not framed, edges must be finished. Paintings must be dry to the touch.
- 3D work must be suitable to hang on a screen. No pedestals will be available.
- No nudes or disturbing images can be displayed at the Dublin Recreation Center.
- All sales are between the artists and the buyer. No commissions will be taken.
Release of Liability: Artists will be asked to sign an Assumption of Risk and Liability Form when art is dropped off. This is a requirement of the Dublin Area Recreation Center.
Important Show Dates:
|Wednesday, Nov 1st||Deadline to Submit Entry Form & Label Information for Art|
|Saturday, Nov 4th||Drop Off Art at Dublin Recreation Center between 9:00 and 10:30 A.M.
Bring your own labels. Click here for template and follow instruction at the top.
|Sunday, Nov 19th||Reception & Awards Ceremony 2-4 P.M. at the Dublin Rec Center
|Saturday, Dec 2th||Pick Up Art at Dublin Recreation Center between 9:00 and 10:30 A.M.
Instructions: Complete Entry Form below with tag Information.
After submitting, you’ll get an automatic confirmation email. If you don’t see it, check your junk folder. No email = please resubmit, something went wrong.
Reminder: There are size limitations. Work shall measure no longer than 24 inches (including the frame) on the longest side.
SUBMISSION HAS CLOSED