Call for Artists
Fall 2020 – Exhibition of Fine Art and Photography
Nov 14 to Dec 5, 2020
Dublin Recreation Center, 5600 Post Rd, Dublin, OH 3017
Chair: Karen Van Cleve
Co-chairs: Roberta Kayne and Dana Grubbe
Entry Deadline Saturday Nov 7, 2020
Art Drop Off Saturday, Nov 14, 9 – 10:30 am
Virtual Reception and Award Ceremony Thurs, Nov 19, 7 pm over zoom
Art Pick up Saturday, Dec 5, 9-10:30 am
Important ~ Art Dimensions Are Limited – See Rules Below for Details
Eligibility: All current members of Dublin Area Art League may enter one piece. Membership for the year must be paid in advance.
2020 Entry Fees: WAIVED – This year entry to the the Fall Member Show is FREE.
Prizes: Best of Show $125 includes both categories combined – funded by the Dublin Arts Council. The Fine Art and Digital Art/Photography Categories each have the following prizes; 1st Place $75, 2nd Place $50, 3rd Place $25, and 3 Honorable Mentions which will receive Ribbons. Total cash prizes: $425.
- Artwork submitted must fall under one of the two categories: Fine Art or Digital Art/Photography.
- Only One Entry allowed per member.
- Size limitation: work shall measure no longer than 18 inches (including the frame) on the longest side.
- All paintings & photos must be wired for hanging. “Sawtooth” hangers are not accepted. If art is not framed, edges must be finished. Paintings must be dry to the touch.
- No Nudes may be displayed at the Dublin Recreation Center.
- All artwork must be original work of the member and not previously exhibited in a DAAL Show. Work must have been completed within the last 5 years. Not For Sale works acceptable.
- All sales are between the artists and the buyer. No commissions will be taken.
Release of Liability: Artists will be asked to sign an Assumption of Risk and Liability Form when art is dropped off. This is a requirement of the Dublin Area Recreation Center.
Important Show Dates:
|Saturday, Nov 7th||Deadline to Submit Entry Form & Label Information for Art|
|Saturday, Nov 14th||Drop Off Art at Dublin Recreation Center between 9:00 and 10:30 A.M.|
|Thursday, Nov 19th||Reception & Awards Ceremony 7 P.M. over zoom|
|Saturday, Dec 5th||Pick Up Art at Dublin Recreation Center between 9:00 and 10:30 A.M.
All entries must be received no later than Sunday Nov 7, 2019.
The DAAL Spring Show is partially funded by the Dublin Arts Council though a Community Arts Grant to encourage community engagement, cultivate creativity, and foster life-long learning through the arts.
Instructions: Complete Entry Form below with tag Information.
After submitting, you’ll get an automatic confirmation email. If you don’t see it, check your junk folder. No email = please resubmit, something went wrong.
Reminder: this year, due to covid-related display restrictions, we have a size limitation. Work shall measure no longer than 18 inches (including the frame) on the longest side.